About Maverick's Grille
At almost 8,000 feet, Maverick’s Grille occupies a rustic, pine paneled, early 20th century warehouse. Initially built as a lettuce shed, produce was packed in ice and stored for shipment aboard rail cars destined for Denver and beyond.
The ice pack method of storage was borrowed for the name of that variety of lettuce -- Iceberg. In 1933, the former lettuce warehouse was moved to its current site on Agate Avenue (US Highway 40). Since that time, the building has seen use as an inn, saloon, restaurant and even a roller skating rink. “Old Timers” tell stories of riding their horses to the Inn and relying on the horse’s sense of direction for the return trip.
Today, customers can enjoy a relaxing dinner in one of the two dining rooms or catch the game on the big screen TV in the bar. Or if you are looking for a cozy place to enjoy a late night cocktail, try the lounge with its leather sofas, flat screen TV and gas fireplace. If you’re into dining outdoors, our patio is just the place with great views of the western hills and frequent concerts throughout the summer.
- Green Chili:
- 2011 Winter Park Chef’s Cup – 1st Place hors d'oeuvre
- 2010 Rocky Mountain Regional – 2nd Place
- 2010 Colorado State Championship – 3rd Place
- 2008 Breckenridge Chili Cook-off - People’s Choice award
- Red Chili:
- 2010 Rocky Mountain Regional – 3rd Place
- 2009 Fraser Valley Guac-off – 1st Place
- Specialty Burgers:
- 2010 Ski-Hi Daily News – voted Best Burger in Grand County
15 E. Agate Avenue (US Highway 40)
P.O. Box 982
Granby, Colorado 80446
Phone: (970) 887-9000
Fax: (970) 887-3221